Don Damschen, Environmental Project Manager – (559) 651-2042
BioWorld Emergency Response - Prepared for Action
BioWorld Hydrocarbon Treatment products are listed on the following for oil spill cleanups.
BioWorld Products and its staff members maintain numerous certifications, registrations, licenses and memberships including:
- HAZWOPER Certified Staff and Management
- GSA Schedule 73, #GS-07F-0027V
- GSA Schedule 899, #GS-10F-0222U
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council Certification
- Supplier Clearinghouse Verification #7FN00035
- California Small Business Certification #15802
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation - Pesticide Dealer Business License
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation - Designated Agent License
- California Environmental Protection Agency - Registered Environmental Assessor
- California Certificate of Good Standing
- California Waste Reduction Award
- California Farm Bureau Federation Member
- Tulare County Farm Bureau Member
- City of Visalia Business License
- American Chemical Society Member
Proven Environmental Cleanup Solutions
BioWorld can assist in the cleanup effort by supplying unique and specialized bioremediation technology solutions for environmental cleanup of oily residues in waterways and along shorelines.
Founded in 1991, BioWorld combines numerous capabilities for large scale cleanup projects including products, equipment, services and engineering. We are prepared to apply our products to waterways, shorelines and other areas for cleanup using the "Best Available Technology".
BioWorld will save a tremendous amount of time and money in the oil cleanup effort and help return the ecosystem to its pristine condition.
Why Use BioWorld Treatment Technology
By using the science of microbiology and biochemistry, scientists have been able to recognize the processes and factors that allow biodegradation to take place. This same knowledge allows us to try to increase these natural processes (bioremediation). By manipulating the environmental factors through using the BioWorld technology of bioenhancement and bioaugmentation, BioWorld has been proven to achieve results faster than other bioremediation technology.
Safe and Easy Enough for Children to Apply
(Note: These Children are now University Graduates more than a Decade Later)
- Sophisticated technology - Simplified Over Years to be Essentially Fail-Proof
- Effective-fast cleanup versus natural attenuation
- Environmentally safe and natural treatment
- Safe to Apply - no protective clothing required
- Low cost efficient methods
- Long-term solution for balanced ecosystem
What It Is
BioWorld Bioremediation is a natural and completely safe 2-part product consisting of the following:
- Bioenhancement - Bioremediation Enhancer liquid formulation which maximizes the ability of microbes to reproduce and thrive in a hazardous waste situation (in soil or water applications).
- Bioaugmentation - Microbes that are specifically selected and known to safely degrade hydrocarbons are generally more efficient than the indigenous microbes in the contaminated area. The microbes metabolize hydrocarbons and create enzymes that break down the long chain hydrocarbons into simple forms of acids and biomass.
How It Works
Depending on the project type, conditions, initial contaminant concentration and clean-up target, BioWorld Bioremediation is added to the soil or water using in situ or ex situ techniques. BioWorld provides the framework for the microbes to directly metabolize contaminants and create enzymes for efficient conversion of contaminants to water, carbon dioxide and other non-hazardous substances such as fatty acids.
Native soil have many types of tiny creatures called microbes.
When hazardous wastes contaminate the soil, the existing microbes struggle to survive. Strains known to be efficient at degrading the waste may or may not be present. In addition, the microbes generally lack the proper nutrients to reproduce and thrive.
Using BioWorld Bioremediation Technology, the proper strains of selected microbes and soluble forms of the necessary nutrients are easily applied to the waste situation.
Billions of healthy microbes constantly work to break down hazardous waste into harmless by-products.
A - BioWorld provides an efficient, safe for the environment, on-site treatment solution to many hazardous waste cleanups.
B - Long-term liability from off-site transport and disposal is completely eliminated.
The result is a successful, cost-effective cleanup in compliance with environmental regulations.
Leading Scientists Recommend Bioremediation
Author: Maurizio Vidali PhD, Department of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Padua, Italy
Source: Pure and Applied Chemistry, Volume 73, Page 1163–1172 © 2001 IUPAC
- Bioremediation is a natural process and is therefore perceived by the public as an acceptable waste treatment process for contaminated material such as soil. Microbes able to degrade the contaminant increase in numbers when the contaminant is present; when the contaminant is degraded, the biodegradative population declines. The residues for the treatment are usually harmless products and include carbon dioxide, water, and cell biomass.
- Theoretically, bioremediation is useful for the complete destruction of a wide variety of contaminants. Many compounds that are legally considered to be hazardous can be transformed to harmless products. This eliminates the chance of future liability associated with treatment and disposal of contaminated material.
- Instead of transferring contaminants from one environmental medium to another, for example, from land to water or air, the complete destruction of target pollutants is possible.
- Bioremediation can often be carried out on site, often without causing a major disruption of normal activities. This also eliminates the need to transport quantities of waste off site and the potential threats to human health and the environment that can arise during transportation.
- Bioremediation can prove less expensive than other technologies that are used for clean-up of hazardous waste.